Friday 19 September 2014

music in my head


photo by Bev Edwards

It was near dark on the Suffolk Stour when the big momma pike took my little jerk bait. A ten minute struggle ensued and this fine fish was on the landing mat and then quickly back in the depths of the weir pool from where she had come. I can hear a choir in my head as I stand shaking at the waters edge. They are singing the chorus to Our Daily Bread, the theme song for our show in Upholland. Yes I do hear music in my head some times and yes it might be part of a dysfunctional cerebral process. Milliband drones on about what the Westminster gang will do as a response to nearly losing Scotland in the Scotland referendum. Sounds like a very poorly programmed replicant/droid chewing marbles. The lights go out on pathway 5 but a light goes on in the mind of a teacher coming to terms with needs of a beautiful boy child with autism. My great friend sends Reiki vibes to the poorly and poorly serviced and I can feel the waves that touch my need. 
An Irish road builder once told me – Life is hard if you don't weaken. So I acquiesce, I give in to the ministrations of an ex national and European Karate champion as she works her magic osteopathy on my aching body. Life is good and I am ready. I know that some thing special is about to happen. Though I do not know the nature of it, I know it is a good thing. 
I was sleeping in a Yurt some nights ago. It was wonderful. I closed my eyes and drifted off to the Mongolian Tundra where I watched a man string a bow against the curve he had fashioned to double it's power. He is a warrior who before a battle would be given a clean pure silk shirt to wear. A barbed arrow piercing his leather armour would be wrapped in the silk and easily removed from the wound. The Yurt is hot like a sauna as the wood burning stove shows off. A little less wood next time I think.
In a real world department of the Instantainium a little girl rolls across “the Lilly Pad” wrapped in its warm and soft fold as it moves to accommodate her every movement. As she stretches and flexes soft lights are triggered and sweet ambient music follows her efforts to gain control of her body. She is learning to make happen what to others comes as a package with their body, software ready to go, and is mostly taken for granted. My new friend Tim looks on smiling. He gets it.The little girl makes joyous sounds like angels breath as she develops her own path ways to personal achievement.
Some where a little sickly roach is making a lot of noise as it tries to turn itself the right way up. Shhh! Says the little girl. The big momma pike has already heard the pathetic splish sploshing and the little fish disappears behind seventy backwards facing teeth. The little girl gets it and she joins in with the pike's after dinner sing song.
Over the past days bits of songs come in small mini sets. They all sound similar and I like the consistency. Each drafted lyric calls me to make it count. We'll turn the lights on. We know right from wrong. No one is stronger than we. I have renewed and increasing faith in what we can do together and this will be demonstrated to the max in the church in Upholland on the 3rd of October. Time is at the gallop and the next week or so will see the last couple of rehearsals for myself and the guys. All will be revealed in Our Daily Bread. 



I hope you can be there. I have decided to keep some “walk up” tickets back for those unable or unwilling to buy on line and those who don't live in the Wigan area. These will be available at the church.
I can hear the choir again. In the choir there is a Russian speaking Polish woman and we shall duet in new language and we shall sweet noise make for pikey, Tim, the little girl and all.


peace

9 comments:

mike from Albuquerque said...

My Brother and I have followed you all our lives from our teens.We live in Norwich now.Last saw you at the Donkey in Leicester.We can't wait to see you, Steve and Art again.And Luke too.

Potty-Pott said...

Hahaha Edgar, love your description of Milliband. Politically I don't consider I have any particular leanings either way,I would say I probably am hovering around the centre, there's very little difference between the main three.

I've been reading some of the posts in the Instantanium, and it does seem rather surreal to me, but then again I love surrealism, Laurel and Hardy sometimes had some surreal moments in their comedy, and I love Monty Python and also love the surrealism of the Mighty Boosh, maybe not everyone understands it, I think you have to be tuned in to a certain wavelength to get it. Regarding Our Daily Bread, I loved the song when you played it at Tim's party. I don't say I have any strong religious views, more spiritual, not really a great fan of religion, not the Abrahamic ones. That said the local Baptist Church seem to have community initiatives, such as the Need Project, a local food bank, they've also joined with Aragon Housing Association in a community cafe. Tho Tim has recently been baptised, /confirmed ,maybe you noticed the certificates at his party, but hey if that's his chosen pathway and he's happy walking that pathway, then that's great. I consider myself more Pagan/Heathen, and I use Heathen to mean the old Germanic/Nordic Gods and Goddesses. I also find something in Eastern Spirituality. I'm not quite sure how Reiki or other similar things work, but have tried them and it's amazing to think that by touching various points on my feet a reflexologist can tell if there's maybe a medical problem with another part of my body, as a friend picked up on once, and I hadn't told her of it until afterwards. Wish I had the money and was near Wigan as I'd enjoy Our Daily Bread.

Kind regards

Galadriel

rick medlock said...

As always a pleasure to read. I wish you well Rob.

Rick :)

Potty-Pott said...

The more I read your post , the more it makes sense. some get it some don't.

Galadriel

Anonymous said...

I wish you total success with this mate. Its a great idea. Community rocks!
Davey Johnson ( The OGARKS )

Potty-Pott said...

Have a happy and Blessed Autumn Equinox Edgar

Galadriel

Anonymous said...

Hello every one. Been working in Cyprus for about 8 months now but am back home so will see ya at the gig. Boys doing ok all considered. Last night penalties were outstanding ha ha!
All the best
Dazza

Anonymous said...

Hope Daily Bread gig goes well tomorrow - it is a great idea lets hope it inspires others to act.

Sally

Anonymous said...

Good cause,good luck.